Originally published on April 30, 2013, I have updated this article and will continue to update it.
Internet privacy and the way companies like Facebook, Google and Twitter use our data has been on my mind recently. Here are a collection of links related to those topics. At some point, I’m going to pull it all together and express my feelings on this important topic. For the time being, these are as much for me as they are for anyone finding them here on this page.
- Fix Tracking: How-to stop getting tracked in your Browser.
- Why Privacy Matters Even if You Have ‘Nothing to Hide’
- Online Ads Can Now Follow You Home
- How ISPs can sell your Web history—and how to stop them
- DuckDuckGo Search Engine An alternative to Google. Great results and they take you privacy seriously.
- Why you need a VPN A VPN secures your computer’s internet connection to guarantee that all of the data you’re sending and receiving is encrypted and secured from prying eyes.
- VPNs Ranked 30+ different VPNs by their speed, reliability and logging policy
- Are you ready? Here is all the data Facebook and Google have on you This is eye-opening. I don’t know if I’m more concerned with how they’d use the information or how someone else would.